Greens, Persimmons, Baby Beets, and Radishes with Toasted Coriander Vinaigrette
Source: Daniel Corey, Luce Restaurant
This recipe was demonstrated for CUESA's Market to Table program on October 20, 2012.
1 cup goat milk yogurt
⅛ cup cold water
Juice of 4 lemons
⅛ cup extra-virgin olive oil
Toasted Coriander Vinaigrette
2 tablespoons coriander seed, toasted
⅛ cup grapefruit juice
⅛ cup rice wine vinegar
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
24 wild baby arugula leaves
18 mustard green leaves, separated from stalk if very long
18 baby lettuce leaves
6 Fuyu persimmons, peeled and sliced into thin wedges
6 baby red beets, roasted and peeled
6 baby Chioggia beets, roasted and peeled
4 French breakfast radishes, shaved thinly on a mandoline
1. To make the yogurt sauce, combine the yogurt, water, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt in a small bowl.
2. To make the vinaigrette, combine the coriander, grapefruit juice, rice wine vinegar, olive oil, sugar, and salt together and whisk until well combined.
3. To make the salad, toss the arugula, mustard greens, baby lettuce, persimmons, beets, and radishes with just enough vinaigrette to lightly coat. Season with salt.
4. Dress 6 plates with the yogurt sauce. Arrange the persimmon wedges and beets on top, and intertwine the leaves of greens amongst them.
5. Garnish with the radish and a drizzle of the vinaigrette.
Photo by Carleen Sikora.