Dungeness Crab and Portobello Mushrooms
Source: Jeffrey Axell, Executive Chef, Hyatt Regency San Francisco.
1 pound Dungeness crab meat
½ cup horseradish cream (6 tablespoons sour cream, 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish)
2 California avocados
4 grilled Portobello mushrooms
½ cup pico de gallo (recipe below)
2 tablespoons balsamic reduction
2 tablespoons flavored olive oil (cilantro or basil)
Cracked black pepper, to taste
Pico de Gallo (Makes approx. 1 cup)
1 cup cored, seeded and coarsely chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup diced sweet red onion
1/4 teaspoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
½ jalapeno pepper stemmed and minced
2 tablespoons minced cilantro leaves
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Toss crab in horseradish cream (may modify horseradish cream mixture to your personal taste).
- Dice avocados and cut portabellos into four pieces lengthwise.
- Layer on top of the mushrooms the diced avocados and then the crab horseradish mixture.
- Garnish with the pico de gallo and drizzle with balsamic reduction and olive oil.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and serve.
For the pico de gallo
Combine all ingredients together in a stainless steel bowl; let rest one hour and check seasoning.