Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution Day at the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market
Saturday, May 19, 2012 - 8:00am - 1:00pm
Join us for a special family-friendly day that raises awareness about healthy eating and promotes better food and education for everyone.
May 19 is the inaugural International Food Revolution Day. Epicuring and CUESA are partnering with Jamie Oliver Foundation for a day of events that bring the Bay Area community together. Through this day of action, schools around the world will receive Food Education Boxes.
Come to the CUESA Classroom at the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market for a full day of FREE activities. (It’s the big white tent at the front of the building, north side)
FARMERS MARKET TOURS – 8 am and 9 am
- Tour the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market with a knowledgeable Jamie Oliver Food Revolution guide
- Shop for ingredients for a Food Revolution seasonal recipe
- Meet the market's farmers and explore seasonal produce to make your own Food Revolution dinner
COOKING DEMOS IN THE CUESA CLASSROOM – 10 am - 12:30 pm
- 8 am to 1 pm - Stop by the CUESA Classroom throughout the day to receive a free Food Revolution recipe, along with information about CUESA and upcoming CUESA events
- 10 am - Watch a special cooking demo and tasting by Sprouts Cooking Club for kids and learn more about Food Revolution Day
- 11 am - Seasonal Cooking Demo with David Bastide of Left Bank San Jose
- 11:45 am - Seasonal Cooking Demo with Rick Koplau of Lone Eagle Grille
SCHOOLYARD TO MARKET BOOTH – 8 am to 2 pm
Support garden-based learning and edible education by shopping at the Schoolyard to Market booth. Stop by the booth in front of the Ferry Building (south of the clocktower) and pick up vegetables and herbs from John O'Connell High School students. Through a collaboration between CUESA and the San Francisco Green Schoolyard Alliance, local high schools students are learning to grow produce in their school garden and bringing it to market.