Join CUESA, the Ferry Building Marketplace, and the makers of a wide array of Northern California goat milk products at the Fifth Annual Goat Festival—A Celebration of All Things Goat! The festival takes place at the Saturday Ferry Plaza Farmers Market in San Francisco (Embarcadero & Market St.).
10 am - 1 pm: Goat Festivities
- Bring the kids to play with Redwood Hill Farm’s adorable baby goats at the petting stable in the south driveway near the Sur La Table store.
- Free goat product samples at the CUESA Classroom.
- Visit the CUESA Classroom to learn more about goat producers in the market, including Achadinha Cheese Company, Andante Dairy, and Bodega and Yerba Santa Goat Cheese.
- Taste delicious goat-inspired creations from participating stores inside the Ferry Building Marketplace.
10 - 11 am: Goat Gab!
The owner and operators of successful, sustainable, goat businesses based in Northern California, will talk about why they work with goats. This event takes place at at the CUESA Classroom.
- Jennifer Bice of Redwood Hill Farm goat milk yogurts, kefirs, and cheeses in Sebastopol
- Michael Winnike of HappyGoat Confections in San Francisco
- Sylvia Melendez of Tierra Mia Organics Raw Goat Milk Skin Therapy in Brentwood
- Liz Casdia of Laloo’s, Goat’s Milk Ice Cream
Goat-Themed Seasonal Cooking Demos
Check back for more details. All demos take place in the CUESA Classroom (under the white tents in front of the Ferry Building) and are free to the public, with recipes and samples for all.
Additional goat-themed events taking place this month:
CUESA (Center for Urban Education about Sustainable Agriculture) is dedicated to cultivating a sustainable food system through the operation of farmers markets and educational programs. Learn More »