At the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market, you’ll find everything you need for a local, sustainable Thanksgiving feast. Here are some farmers market tips and recipes to inspire your seasonal menu.
Please join us in giving thanks for the hard-working farmers, farmworkers, and food artisans who make this bounty possible for the holidays and throughout the year. Happy Thanksgiving!
Farmers Market Schedule
The market is open on the following days for all of your holiday needs:
- Saturday, November 23, 8 am to 2 pm
- Tuesday, November 26, 10 am to 2 pm
- Wednesday, November 27, 10 am to 2 pm (special market!)
There will be no Thursday market on Thanksgiving Day, November 28. Instead, we will have a special Wednesday market on November 27. In addition to many of the regular Thursday vendors, the lineup will include Cremeux Ex Machina, Flatland Flower Farm, Happy Quail Farms, Heirloom Organic Gardens, Hog Island Oyster Co., Iacopi Farms, Lucero Organic Farms, Three Babes Bakeshop, and others. See the full list of vendors.
This Thanksgiving, serve a delicious, antibiotic-free, humanely raised bird (or vegetarian alternative) from a Ferry Plaza Farmers Market purveyor. The following sellers are taking pre-orders:
- Marin Sun Farms is offering a limited number of some of the tastiest, pasture-raised turkeys you will find. Their heritage turkeys and Broad-Breasted Bronze turkeys are raised by Marin Sun Farms co-producers Alexis and Gillies in the Capay Valley, where the birds eat a natural diet that includes plants, insects, larva, seeds, and grass from the pasture, supplemented with locally sourced grains, proteins, and free choice minerals. Pre-order online and pick up at the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market on Saturday, November 23. For questions, call 415-663-8997, ext 110.
- 4505 Meats has pasture-raised Broad-Breasted turkeys and their Grand Turducken, sourced from BN Ranch in Bolinas. Pre-order online for pickup at the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market on November 23 or at the 4505 Meats Butcher Shop (1909 Mission Street).
- Hodo Soy Beanery makes a vegan, organic, non-GMO Yuba Holiday Roast. Pre-order at their Saturday market stand for pickup at the market on November 23 or December 21.
- RoliRoti is offering their original poultry brine mix, a blend of spices, sea salt, brown sugar, and dried apples. It’s available for a limited time at their farmers market food truck throughout the holidays.
Pre-Order Your Thanksgiving Pie from Three Babes Bakeshop
Guest vendor Three Babes Bakeshop is offering from-scratch holiday pies on Saturday, November 23, and at our special Wednesday market on November 27. Enjoy a sweet finale to your feast with seasonal favorites like Sugar Pie Pumpkin, Classic Apple, Salty Honey Walnut, Bourbon Pecan, Bittersweet Chocolate Pecan (gluten-free), and Pear Cranberry Crumble.
They will have a limited selection of pies on hand at the market, but some flavors might sell out. To ensure that you get your mouthwatering pie of choice, pre-order on the Three Babes website now for pick-up at Wednesday’s market.
Nourish your family and friends with these seasonally inspired recipes shared by local farmers and chefs. For more ideas, browse our recipe archives.
We are also pinning our favorite farm-fresh Thanksgiving recipes on Pinterest. Join us!
Lightly Pickled Fall Root Vegetables | Alice Waters, Chez Panisse Restarant
Thanksgivukkah Acorn Squash Latkes | Elianna Friedman, CUESA Market Chef
Baked Oysters with Mushroom Ragout and Aioli | John Myers, Aquatic Culture
Flaky Leaf Lard Biscuits | Taylor Boetticher and Toponia Miller, Fatted Calf
Beer-Pickled Vegetables | Adam Dulye, Monk’s Kettle and Abbott’s Cellar
Winter Salad Greens with Persimmon Vinaigrette and Mt Tam | Sue Conley and Peggy Smith, Cowgirl Creamery
Radicchio, Beet, and Mint Salad | Joyce Goldstein, chef/author
Heirloom Bean Salad with Seasonal Vegetables | Darya Pino Rose, Foodist
Salad of Persimmons, Mizuna, Tokyo Turnips, and Toasted Almonds | Jason Berthold, RN74
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Honey, Rosemary, and Hazelnuts | Craig Stoll, Delfina
Roasted Broccoli with Meyer Lemon and Pistachio Salsa | Robin Song, Hog & Rocks
Sweet Potato Stew with Greens | Nalini Mehta, Route to India
Cauliflower Gratin | Chris Borges, Taste Catering
Butternut Squash, Gruyère, and Brown Butter Mac & Cheese | Laura Werlin, Mac & Cheese, Please!
The Main Event
Roast Turkey | Ryan Farr, 4505 Meats
Wild Rice Risotto with Butternut Squash and Cauliflower | Jake Des Voignes, Local: Mission Eatery
Pumpkin Seed Crusted Lamb Loin with Persimmon Chutney | Francis Hogan, Bluestem Brasserie
Holiday Turkey Cassoulet | John Fink, The Whole Beast
Butternut Squash Galette with Roasted Garlic, Caramelized Onions, and Toma | Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Co.
Horseradish Leek Sauerkraut Stuffing | Kathryn Lukas, Farmhouse Culture
Sausage Stuffing | Toponia Miller, Fatted Calf
Beignets with Satsuma Marmalade | Francis Ang, Fifth Floor
Pear Gingerbread Upside-Down Cake | Rebecca Courchesne, Frog Hollow Farm
Sweet Potato Pecan Pie | Catherine Palmer, pie contest winner
Pumpkin Doughnut Holes | Stephanie Rosenbaum, author of World of Doughnuts
Sweet Honey Sweet Potatoes | Helene Marshall, Marshall’s Farm Natural Honey
Grandma Elsie’s World-Famous Persimmon Cookies | Bryce Loewen, Blossom Bluff Orchards
Shop with Ease
Use our Veggie Valet, a free service that allows you to drop off your farmers market purchases and either continue shopping or grab your car for curbside pickup. The Veggie Valet is open until 1 pm. Check in at the Information Booth.
CUESA (Center for Urban Education about Sustainable Agriculture) is dedicated to cultivating a sustainable food system through the operation of the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market and its educational programs. Learn More »